AccessAccessible parking nearby Assistance Animals Welcome Wheelchair Access
The Melbourne Design Fair showcases the best collectible contemporary design from over 100 Australian designers and makers with presentations staged by leading commercial galleries, studios, design organisations, and agencies in addition to a highlight exhibition of works for sale curated by the NGV department of Contemporary Design and Architecture.
For more information on the Melbourne Design Fair visit designfair.melbourne
- General Admission (13+ Years): $15.00
- Junior General Admission (8-12 Years): $8.50*
- *Children under 14 years must be accompanied by an adult. Children 7 years and under are free.
- General Admission tickets to the Melbourne Design Fair allow access for 1.5 hours. Session times are advertised on the Bookings page. Please note tickets are limited due to venue capacity and sessions may be sold out.
MELBOURNE DESIGN FAIR CONVERSATIONS PRESENTED BY MAJOR PARTNER MERCEDES-BENZ
Sunday 20 Mar, Public Day, Session 1
Brodie Neill, designer and Megan Perkins, Director, Design Tasmania in conversation with Simone LeAmon, NGV Curator Contemporary Design and Architecture
Roland Snooks, architect in conversation with Ewan McEoin, NGV Senior Curator Contemporary Design and Architecture
Sunday 20 Mar, Public Day, Session 2
Sally Dan-Cuthbert, Director, Gallery Sally Dan-Cuthbert in conversation with Simone LeAmon, NGV Curator Contemporary Design and Architecture
Jilarti performed by Tiwi artist Pedro Wonaeamirri from Jilamara Arts & Crafts Association (Milikapiti), followed by Kade McDonald, CEO Agency Projects in conversation with artist and Hannah Raisin and Will Heathcote, managers of Jilamara
Sunday 20 Mar, Public Day, Session 3
Su san Cohn, artist, jeweller, designer in conversation with Simone LeAmon, NGV Curator Contemporary Design and Architecture
Nicole Durling, Director, Craft and Brian Parkes, Director, Jam Factory in conversation with Myf Doughty, NGV Curator Contemporary Design and Architecture
GETTING TO THE FAIR
Located in Abbotsford, the heart of Melbourne’s design precinct, the Fair is easily accessible by public transport. With limited timed street parking available near the venue, we highly recommend using public transport, taxi / ride share, or parking at Victoria Gardens shopping centre.
- Tram: Tram routes 12 and 109 and 12 (Stop 22: McKay Street, Victoria Street) is 280m from the venue.
- Train: The closest station is North Richmond, and is located 1.4kms from the venue. Once you exit the station, you can catch the 109 or 12 tram routes and arrive at the venue in just a few stops. Or you can walk from the station to the venue in approximately 15 minutes
- Taxi or UBER: If catching a taxi or rideshare, the address is: 16/28 Duke St, Abbotsford VIC 3067. Duke street is a one way street running away from Victoria Street.
- Parking: Limited timed on street parking is available. If driving, we recommend parking at Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre which is a 10 minute walk from the venue.
A hydraulic wheelchair lift will provide access to the venue, with the Fair taking place across one level of the venue. A disabled parking space will be reserved next to the wheelchair accessible entrance.
If you would like to discuss your accessibility needs before booking your ticket, please contact [email protected]
When booking your ticket, please complete the Accessibility Requirements section, so Fair Organisers are aware of your requirements prior to your arrival.
Please click HERE for Melbourne Design Fair 2022 COVID-19 Safe Fair Information.
Melbourne Design Fair is an initiative of the National Gallery of Victoria delivered in collaboration with the Melbourne Art Fair.