If you have a story to tell, new work to unveil, an idea to discuss, an issue to debate – Melbourne Design Week is made for you. Melbourne Design Week is Australia’s leading international public design event, delivered each year by the teams at Creative Victoria and NGV working in close collaboration with a broad network of institutions, media organisations, and industry partners. Our objective is to provide a compelling annual platform, backed by the expertise and reach of the NGV, for participants to engage a broad audience with their work and ideas.
● Melbourne Design Week is Australia’s annual opportunity to connect with the design community, be inspired, network and do business.
● Participants can reach a broad public audience in Melbourne, regional Victoria and online.
● It is free to present an event during Melbourne Design Week. No registration fees apply.
● The MDW program receives significant marketing, media and curatorial support from the NGV.
● Marketing and media activities reach an extensive audience through a comprehensive digital and social media campaign, e-news, print coverage and targeted media outputs in the lead up to, and during MDW.
● MDW provides a platform for showrooms and brands to connect with new audiences through hosting an event or exhibition.
● MDW provides an opportunity for designers and studios to present new work in a festival that has over 50,000 visitors annually.